Untouchable like a distant diamond sky, Mmmm
I'm reaching out and I just can't tell you why
I'm caught up in you, I'm caught up in you
Untouchable, burning brighter than the sun
And when you're close I feel like coming undone
In the middle of the night
When I'm in this dream
It's like a million little stars
Spelling out your name
You gotta come on, come on
Say that we'll be together
Come on, come on
Little taste of Heaven
It's half full and I won't wait here all day
I know you're saying that you'll be here anyway
But you're untouchable
Burning brighter than the sun
Now that you're closer, feel like coming undone
In the middle of the night
When I'm in this dream
It's like a million little stars
Spelling out your name
You gotta come on, come on
Say that we'll be together
Come on, come on
Oh, In the middle of the night
We could form this dream
I wanna feel you by my side
Standing next to me
You gotta come on, come on
Say that we'll be together
Come on, come on
Little taste of Heaven
Oh, oh I'm caught up in you
Oh, oh, oh
Untouchable burning brighter than the sun
And when you're close I feel like coming undone
In the middle of the night
When I'm in this dream
It's like a million little stars
Spelling out your name
You gotta come on, come on
Say that we'll be together
Come on, come on, oh oh
Oh, Oh, In the middle of the night
We could form this dream
I wanna feel you by my side
Standing next to me
You gotta come on, come on
Say that we'll be together
Come on, come on
Little taste of Heaven
------------------------
I read this on Missed Connections. Just thought it summed up what I feel at times.
------------------------
"I wish I could stop thinking about you.. even now after everything that has happened; something inside me still wants to be in your arms, wants to gaze in your eyes, wants to have that special place in your heart. However, you never really thought I was of any value, never got to know who I was as a person. I know that despite being nothing like how you imagined your future life partner; I have a heart of gold, one you send back into the great depths of the metaphoric black hole. I do take responsibility though, as I allowed you to hurt me.
I don't really hold anymore hope of being with you, I am numb. I know that even if we were to reunite, I'm not sure I could trust you with the most precious thing I have give.. my heart. It is something I have struggled with for my entire life, although I know my worth and I know the potential for love I have to offer. I guard my heart with all my might... hoping that one day the right person will come along and simply exchange his heart for mine.
I was taking a chance with you that the person I desired most, the person I essentially waited almost 4 years for, might actually have or develop feelings for me. But I should have thought more with my brain and less with my heart. The things we do when we built up a fantasy of what could be...
I will not contact you again, as you made it clear you do not want that from me... obvious given your childish actions. My bruised ego, wants to believe you might have actually care for me in some capacity. As time passes and I reassess the situation, I feel like I was nothing but a failed pawn in your 'great chess game'. I wish I knew the wonderful person that you are, but sadly I am left with something far different than that reality. My great fantasy of you, has become a nightmare of masks and disrespect.
I do wish you all the best. I can't help but hope the best for those I hold love in my heart for. In time, I will move on as you have already.. but I will always remember what you taught me. I will always be thankful to you for showing me what my capacity for love is. Before you, I was not certain I could ever truly love someone. Even if that person was a figment of my imagination, I know now that I can feel the fire within."
No comments:
Post a Comment