Sunday, August 24, 2008

American Love

You see I’ve got this American love
A brand new planet in the solar system
I kiss her neck, but I just can’t look her in the eye
You leave for college at the turn of autumn
I spent the winter diving to the bottom
I kiss your neck, but I just can’t look you in the eye

Yeah
Big hearts, big hearts, big hearts are for breaking (big hearts are breaking)
Big hearts, big hearts, big hearts are for breaking yeah

You see I’ve got this critical conscience
A brand new black hole in the solar system
I dig my grave, but can't stand to step inside
When they find out (when they find out)
They'll sound every siren, break the door down
To find a baby crying
You thought I knew that it's just not right to tell a lie

Yeah
Big hearts, big hearts, big hearts are for breaking (big hearts are breaking) oooh
Big hearts, big hearts, big hearts are for breaking yeah

Now there’s no turning back
Yeah my face of the sweat we share
There’s no where to run, we're so unprepared
It’s a new heart attack
Brand new breaks on my back to there
It’s sung, say a word, we might find us there

You see I’ve got this American love
A hidden planet in the solar system
Keep your eyes shut, I can't stand to say goodbye

Big hearts, big hearts, big hearts are for breaking (big hearts are breaking) oooh
Big hearts, big hearts, big hearts are for breaking yeah (big hearts are for breaking)

---------------------------------
Note: I could not find lyrics to this song, so I spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure the lyrics out. If it doesn't make sense, apologies in advance for Andrew being unable to articulate. If you happen to have found the lyrics, do not tell me because I will be sad.
----------------------------------

The past 2 days have been amazing as I was able to share it with the best 3 people in my life. With time and a little alcohol, I can say I have become closer to each and every one of them. It's crazy to even say that being friends for so long, we are able to still learn something new about each other. It just makes it a little harder to say goodbye for now.

PS. The scarf has been christened (and is making its way to bring us closer).
PPS. I'm wearing the scarf as I write.
PPPS. Something has been added to the scarf already!

----------------------------------

It's just surprising how things work out. It's impossible to avoid the inevitable. But when your intuition kicks in and red flags pop, what do you do? Do you, A, continue and pretend it doesn't exist, and that you're crazy for thinking it? Or B, be a realist and question 'why'? What would you really do? In these types of situations, it's hard to even admit that there is a possibility that things might not work out. But your heart tells you to believe and that it's not over until it's over. But your head tells you to get out now, it's going to hurt. Do you follow your heart, or your head? Once the inevitable happens, you feel like a fool for believing, a fool to think that things can work out. Note to self: Listen to your fucking head because it hurts.


1 comment:

Jean said...

awww fun times!!! hehee and i know it sounds cliche.. but time will heal all =)