Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Just The Way You Are

Oh, her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

Yeah, I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me do I look ok, I say

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are (yeah)

Her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she let me
Her laugh, her laugh, she hates but I think it's so sexy
She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

Oh, you know, you know, you know, I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same
So, don't even bother asking if you look ok
You know I'll say

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are
The way you are, the way you are
Girl you're amazing, just the way you are

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while

---------------------

Haven't posted in a while. My bad. Life is pretty much the same. Work. TV. Sleep. That's about it.

Most girls have body image issues. I remember I began to worry about the way I looked since I was 12. I was pretty skinny when I was 12. Then came 9th grade and I put on probably around 20 pounds. And as I grew, my body has been about the same. I wasn't the skinny one anymore. I've tried the silliest diets and never kept a exercise regimen for longer than 2 weeks. That part got better, when 2 weeks turned into about 3 months, but never past that. Then any weight lost, I would gain in a matter of 2 weeks. I would try to start over again.

I've always had the mindset that boys only like skinny girls. I'd always want to be skinny, therefore liked. Skinny equaled pretty.

Today I was in the shower and it dawned on me that I'm beginning accept my body. Yeah, its more jell0-y in some places, and there's more stretch marks on certain places than I would like. But, every part is me. I can be grateful that I'm healthy and alive, than stress about eating an extra cookie (they're delicious!). I'll never have that perfect body but I can take care of the one I have. I'm too old to worry about this shit.

2 comments:

Pin The Tail On Jenicka P. said...

This is awesome to hear! One day, I hope to feel the same. Im glad youre realizing these important things, that are true mind you. Youre way ahead of the game now!!

Pin The Tail On Jenicka P. said...

PS. For the record, Bruno Mars is AwEsOmE!! :D Good choice!! haha