Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Speak Now

I am not the kind of girl
Who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion
But you are not the kind of boy
Who should be marrying the wrong girl

I sneak in and see your friends, and her snotty little family
All dressed in pastel
And she is yelling at a bridesmaid, somewhere back inside a room
Wearing a gown shaped like a pastry

This is surely not what you thought it would be
I lose myself in a daydream where I stand and say

Don’t say yes, run away now
I’ll meet you when you’re out of the church at the backdoor
Don’t wait or say a single vow
You need to hear me out and they said speak now

Fun gestures are exchanged
And the organ starts to play a song that sounds like a death march
And I am hiding in the curtains
It seems that I was uninvited by your lovely bride-to-be

She floats down the aisle like a pageant queen
But I know you wish she was me, you wish she was me
Don’t you?

Don’t say yes, run away now
I’ll meet you when you’re out of the church at the backdoor
Don’t wait or say a single vow
You need to hear me out and they said speak now

Don’t say yes, run away now
I’ll meet you when you’re out of the church at the backdoor
Don’t wait or say a single vow
Your time is running out and they said speak now

I hear the preacher say speak now or forever hold your peace
There’s the silence, there’s my last chance
I stand up with shaking hands, all eyes on me
Horrified looks from everyone in the room
But I’m only looking at you

I am not the kind of girl
Who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion
But you are not the kind of boy
Who should be marrying the wrong girl

So don’t say yes, run away now
I’ll meet you when you’re out of the church at the backdoor
Don’t wait or say a single vow
You need to hear me out and they said speak now

And you say lets run away now
I’ll meet when I’m out of my tux at the backdoor
Baby I didn’t say my vows, so glad you were around
When they said ‘Speak now’

-------------------------

I'm always the one afraid of change. No matter how much I want to embrace it, it makes me feel very uneasy. I'm starting to work full-time at my job as a manager, and I can feel the responsibility! Every time I think of work, I get this weird feeling I used to get in school... like right before a presentation, or a client meeting, or getting my grades handed back to me. Nervous and anxious. But typically when it's over, I'm glad to have done it and that it's over with. I think I feel a little nervous because there are technical things that I still need to learn. And I think that I just need a little more practice. Either way, I'm glad I'm getting experience, and that there is change in my life! I know it's not what I want to do for the rest of my life, but it's good for now when I'm trying to figure things out. On a positive note, I get more stability. Anyone who knows me knows I love routine... and with working 40 hours a week, I can plan accordingly. And I'm kinda glad that I'll be working more because that means less time at home... which I would spend watching movies or streaming television shows, despite how much I love it! I'm such a homebody like no other. Occasionally, I feel the need for some sort of social interaction. But most of the time, I like being at home. Where I'm most comfortable, and there is no need to impress anyone! Hahah. But then I will never meet a guy! Now, that's serious...

7 comments:

Pin The Tail On Jenicka P. said...

hahaha I was just telling my mom like 3 days ago that you love routine!! lmao
Im really happy that you got this position. Change is definitely good and don't worry or be nervous, just like in school, you'll learn it and you'll ace it, and be the best damn manager ever! (And NOT hire people like me hahahahahhaahhah)

Anita* said...

Thank you! =)

Anonymous said...

ohhh congrats on the job yayyy routine << its jean btw.. im too lazy to login...

Jenicka Wynne said...

lmao Jean! I was thinking to do the same thing! Question for you all...if I wanted to start blogging again, but wanted to use like, Tumblr or something, is there any way to transwer these entries over? etc... I want to make a new blog, but keep my old entries lol

Veronica Quach said...

no idea... you should google it.

and congrats anita, for like the 4th time. i have faith you will find your place in the world :)

Anita* said...

I was wondering that too!! I totally have a tumbler lol

Thanks everyone!

Pin The Tail On Jenicka P. said...

lmao!! Everyone lets do up tumblr!! hahahahah