Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You're Not Sorry

All this time I was wasting,
Hoping you would come around
I've been giving out chances every time
And all you do is let me down
And it's taking me this long
Baby but I figured you out
And you're thinking we'll be fine again,
But not this time around

You don't have to call anymore
I won't pick up the phone
This is the last straw
Don't wanna hurt anymore
And you can tell me that you're sorry
But I don't believe you baby
Like I did - before
You're not sorry, no no ohhh

Looking so innocent,
I might believe you if I didn't know
Could've loved you all my life
If you hadn't left me waiting in the cold
And you got your share of secrets
And I'm tired of being last to know
And now you're asking me to listen
Cause it's worked each time before

But you don't have to call anymore
I won't pick up the phone
This is the last straw
Don't wanna hurt anymore
And you can tell me that you're sorry
But I don't believe you baby
Like I did - before
You're not sorry, no no, ohhh

You're not sorry no no ohhh

You had me falling for you honey
And it never would've gone away, no
You used to shine so bright
But I watched all of it fade

So you don't have to call anymore
I won't pick up the phone
This is the last straw
There's nothing left to beg for
And you can tell me that you're sorry
But I don't believe you baby
Like I did - before
You're not sorry, no no ohhh

You're not sorry, no no ohhh

-------------------------------

FINALLY. I can breathe a little bit because I won't be working for the next week. Therefore, my scheduled oral surgery will have appropriate healing time. Let me tell you the tale...

Alright, you know that I've been trying desperately to get rid of my shifts on Saturday and Sunday of this week because I'm getting my teeth pulled out this Friday (the 13th... freaky eh?). Ok, for the past 2 weeks, I've been asking people I saw at work, calling people, doing anything I really can to get rid of my shifts. Like I had to right? Yeah. Anyways, yesterday was my last chance to get rid of them because it's the only time before Friday that I work. So, I went into work 1.5 hours early, got the phone contact sheet, and called everyone. Everyone. I was able to get rid of one and not the other. I went to get my Saturday shift exchanged approved and told my other manager Giulia about my situation, and asked her what would happen if I wasn't able to get it covered. "You're responsible for getting your shifts covered". Um, wtf? Like I'm letting you know that I'm going to be ''sick'' because of my surgery and I'm supposed to get it covered? I've called everyone in the fucking book and there are at least three on-calls that day. Seriously, what are they for if not that? Obviously, I did not freak out. I went on to explain that I will not be physically able to work that day. "You're gunna have to talk to Lisa [senior manager]." "Ok, so do you know when Lisa [senior manager] would be in tomorrow?" Then, onward with my shift. At the end, I forgot to confirm when Lisa was going to be in tomorrow, so after closing while walking out of the mall, I quickly asked my closing manager, Melisa. She said Lisa would only be in for a few hours doing district stuff, but will be on vacation for the rest of the week. Ok. Shit. But then she asked me what was wrong and I told her my dilema and she was like, "How many oncalls are there?" "At least three." "Ok, I'll take care of it, but you owe me." "THANNNNNNNKKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUUU." Seriously, she gets major points. And that's what oncalls are for. God. It still pisses me off because it's not like I'm sitting on my ass and doing nothing. I actually tried. Like fuck. I'm not trying to get away from working to go to the tropics or some shit. Like, I'm gunna not be able to talk/eat for a week. Fuckers.

After all that, all is well. I can relax and not having to worry because my part is done. Rather long story, isn't it? Onward to reading week.

3 comments:

Veronica Quach said...

wow the managers are assholes. they arent even nice to you, even when they can't do anything :S

Jean said...

hope your surgery goes well!

Pin The Tail On Jenicka P. said...

OMG that Goolia person (yes thats how i prounounced that in my head) is pissing me off! Jeeeze I'm so glad you found someone to help you out. Seruiously.
Good luck with the surgery! Love you!! <333