Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Best

On a perfect day
Somewhat like today
We will find each other there
We will find each other there
And somewhat like the month we first met
We can't forget the way I loved you
But I can't pretend how far we've gone
And we can not mend what damage has been done
No, we can not mend what damage is done now
But then we shall come home and
Become the best ones we could have been
Oh the best we could have been
Oh the best we could have been, now

--------------------------------

Saturday night ritual is chilling. Single girl with a chick flick. Alone. Doing nothing, but escaping into a world where happiness is 130 minutes away. Sure, going out and getting drunk is a fun thing to do and that I should introduce it into my schedule more often. But, the thing is sometimes, going out is tiring. And, something that I could easily get sick of, as if it were a chore. Easily imagined. Maybe I'm just rationalizing my non-existent life. Anyways, something I will never get sick of is watching a good movie in bed. I could watch and re-watch movies any day of the week. Vicarious living I say! Loser, maybe? Probably. I did spend all day yesterday watching all five Harry Potter movies.

I watched P.S. I Love You today, starring Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler, and a surprising appearance by the dude who plays Denny in Grey's Anatomy. What a sweet surprise! But unlike most chick-flicks, this movie was about dealing with the death of a loved one. Hilary Swank's character, Holly, loses her husband, Gerry, played by Gerard Butler, to brain cancer. Before he died, he creates an elaborate plan to help Holly move on. In the end, this is definitely true love.

Sure, you want to find that one person you are meant to be with. You imagined this person when you were 10 maybe? 16? Nonetheless, you feel your life is incomplete when there is no one to share it with. You spend most days, just waiting. Waiting for this stranger to walk into your life. One day, if you're lucky, this stranger does. You fall in love. Suddenly, the love of your life dies. What now? That's what I liked about P.S. I Love You. Sure, it's a sappy movie, but made not using the same recipe as the rest. When people think of finding the one, they don't often think about what happens after you lose them.

Would you love someone knowing the exact date they would die?

1 comment:

Pin The Tail On Jenicka P. said...

I love getting lost in movies...especially when I can watch more than one in one day =)
i still dont like that gerrard butler guy...but maybe you can show me the way to his appeal haha
:)