Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dakota

She knows exactly what to do, whenever I’m alone with her.
I can barely make a move by the time the she opens up her eyes.

She sings to me at night.
She singing: Ba da ba ba ba da ba ba ba da ba ba
I know that she barely knows me, and I’m fake in love with her.
It’s like I’m singing karaoke, and I forgot the second verse.
But I can make up my own words.

Oh Dakota, I know our love is new.
I barely know you. I’ve fallen over you.
It’s the way you do the things you do that make me fall in love with you.
Oh Dakota, are you in love with me too.

She’s got a little bit of money and a little bit of this and its all she needs to live.
I’ve got a little bit of love and a little bit of that and it’s all I have to give.
This time, I’ll try not to show that I am not letting go.

Oh Dakota, I know our love is new.
I barely know you. I’ve fallen over you.
Oh Dakota, are you in love with me too.

I’ll show you I’ll show you and you’ll know that I’m not letting go.
I’ll show you I’ll show you and you’ll know I’m not letting go.

Ba da ba ba ba da ba ba ba da ba ba

Oh Dakota, I know our love is new.
I barely know you. I’ve fallen over you.
It’s the way you do the things you do that make me fall in love with you.
Oh Dakota, are you in love with me too.

Oh Dakota, I know our love is new.
I barely know you. I’ve fallen over you.
It’s the way you do the things you do that make me fall in love with you.
Oh Dakota, are you in love with me too.
I’m in love with you, are you in love with me too?

----------------------------

I was on the bus today and just wondered how did I become the way I am. How did I get so afraid of falling? As a kid, I didn't care if I fell. I knew if I tilted by bike too much, I would fall. But, I did it anyways. I remember that exact moment. I was riding my tiny pink and yellow two-wheeler off my driveway at 2 Angel Court. I was going pretty fast and wanted to learn how to turn. Lean to one side equals turn, right? I was zooming down the driveway and leaned to the left, but a little too hard. I fell pretty hard. But, I didn't care. I learned how to turn. How do I get back to be like that? So carefree and so unafraid.

In the end, I guess I shouldn't be afraid to fall because after all, something always is learned. Perhaps something as simple as turning, or maybe something that's life changing. Either way, I need to think back to my 5 year-old self once in a while, and remember that I can always get back up again. If I can't, I have to realize there are people in my life that will help me get back up again.

1 comment:

Veronica Quach said...

yup. if you fall you get back up. <3