There's a lot that I don't know
There's a lot that I'm still learning
But I think I'm letting go
To find my body is still burning
And you hold me down
And you got me living in the past
Come on and pick me up
Somebody clear the wreckage from the blast
And I'm alive
And I don't need a witness
To know that I survived
I'm not looking for forgiveness
I just need light
I need light in the dark as I search for the resolution
And the bars are finally closed
So I try living in the moment
'Til the moment it just froze
And I felt sick and so alone
I can hear the sound
Of your voice still ringing in my ear
I'm going underground
But you'll find me anywhere I feel
That I'm alive
And I don't need a witness
To know that I survived
I'm not looking for forgiveness
I just need light
I need light in the dark as I search for the resolution
I need light in the dark as I search for the resolution
Tomorrow back from now.
Honey I'm almost home
You hold me down
You hold me down
I'm alive
And I don't need a witness
To know that I survived
I'm not looking for forgiveness
I'm alive
And I don't need a witness
To know that I survived
I'm not looking for forgiveness
I just need light
I need light in the dark as I search for the resolution
I need light in the dark as I search for the resolution
I need light, I need light
-----------------------------
For about three days, I've been wanting it to rain. All week long, there were only sunny skies. I missed the rain. I just felt that it's been too constant for so long. I needed change. I needed it to rain. I'm in a stage in my life where change is inevitable. But, it only mattered how I welcomed it. For a while, I've pushed it aside, ignoring it, only wanting to deal with it in the distant future. But today, it rained all day. Sure it was just a "drizzle", but it's nonetheless precipitation. Somehow, this rain made me realize how stupid I have been. I've been so blinded by other preoccupations that now that I've realized it, I only regret the time I wasted. I wasted time being so unfocused and so misguided. I've forgotten what I'm fighting for, and now that so much time has gone by, it just seems to be getting further away. Now, after realizing this, I am trying to grasp it with full force and not let go. I can't let it go again. I am ready to take control of my life again. So, I'd like to think that I made it rain.
2 comments:
you probably knew rain is symbolic of cleansing and a new start, eh? haha.
it was weird because the day after it was completely clear skies.
Post a Comment