Eight years later
Time goes by fast
Got my memories
And they will last
I try to keep it simple
'Cause I hate goodbyes
And I try to keep it simple
By telling myself that.
I... I will remember you
and all of the things
that we've gone through
There is so much I can say
The words get in the way
So were not together
I will remember you
I will remember… you
We’re a picture
In my mind
When I want to find you
I just close my eyes
You’ll never be that far from me
So don’t say goodbye 'cause
You’ll never be that far from me
I’m telling myself
I… I will remember you
And all of the things that we’ve gone through
There is so much I can say
The words get in the way
So were not together
I will remember… you
You were there when I needed a friend
Thank you thank you
I never told you how much that meant
Gotta thank you thank you
I… I will remember you
And all of the things that we’ve gone through
There is so much I can say
The words get in the way
So
I… I will remember you
And all of the things that we’ve gone through
There is so much I can say
The words get in the way
We’re not together
I will remember you
We’re not together
I will remember you
I will remember… you
--------------------------
Today, I went out with an old friend, former crush. After two years of not speaking to each other, it just seemed a bit random. Let me explain some back story...
We met in first year, during Frosh. Fun times, I say. We were on different teams, but somehow, people on my team knew people on other teams and we all just became friends. Anyways, on the final day of Frosh, we had a boat cruise, where all the leaders and first-year students just got to hang back and relax before school started. Anyways, this whole boat thing was kinda boring at first. I was 18, and not a drinker yet/couldn't buy alcohol. All the leaders and stuff were getting wasted pretty much. Anyways, this semi-drunk girl was totally into my friend (being all playful touchy feely) and he was playing along. He pretended to be drunk for her entertainment and when she wasn't looking, he would look my way and mouth, "I'm not drunk." From then on, whenever this other girl wasn't looking, we just talked about random things, and when she came over, he would tell her to get another drink and we would continue talking. It was kind of fun. Anyways, we chatted up the night and became friends afterwards. Sometime after, we began to hang out pretty often, seeing movies like every Wednesday at one point. By this time, I totally had a giant crush on this guy. Anyways, one day, we had a conversation about having crushes on each other at the beginning when we first met. We then planned our next hang-out. Anyways, the day comes. It was around Christmas and I had made plans to go to a Christmas dinner with some university friends and meet up with this guy after. During the dinner, he texts me that he couldn't make it and was sorry. I don't remember the reason, but I just brushed it off because we'd be hanging out so often. After a couple weeks, I find out that he is now in a relationship with some other girl and he disappears from all forms of social networking. He had let his girlfriend tell him to go offline of everything possible, Facebook, MSN, etc. From here on, I hadn't talked to this guy for about 2 years. I can't remember if I was angry at all, but I knew that couldn't let myself get caught up in this.
Now present day story, two years later...
Not too long ago, my friend reappears on Facebook, MSN, etc. We started talking to each other and he informs me that he and his girlfriend broke up. I understand that Facebook is trouble when it comes to girlfriends and relationships, but I would never tell another person that they had to pretty much drop off the face of the Earth and only spend time with me... that's crazy. Anyways, we started talking like we used to, and after my update on Facebook, he suggested that we see a sappy movie. I thought it was kind of random, but things are cool now, that it seemed not normal not to. Anyways, we saw "Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past". The movie was ok, but I enjoy these cheesy, predictable movies. After the movie, he suggested that we just sit at Dundas Square because the day was so nice and we didn't have anywhere to go afterwards. We spent the time there just catching up and talking about plans for summer. I again, have no plans. Haha. We talked about what happened the last time we went out. So we were trying to figure out what movie we watched last, pretty much what were the last things we told each other (He remembered that I was excited to see The Academy Is... and Cobra in Buffalo, long time eh?). Anyways, he ended up telling me that the reason he wanted to take me out for a movie is to apologize for how he left things. Not that we were in any sort of "relationship", but that we were close and he disappeared on me. He said that he kept replaying our last conversation and it didn't sit right with him all this time. All I could say was, "No worries", because it was so long ago that it doesn't even matter now since he's "alive" now. It was just very sweet that even though this happened two years ago, he still apologized for it. And he promised me that he wouldn't "die" again. So, hopefully, we'll somehow get as close as we once were.
4 comments:
thats awesome dude. I hope you guys become close again. it sucks losing someone you can actually talk to, but this seems like the right way to make it happen. yay for good days :)
do you think your crush on him would re-appear if you started to hang out again?
he's a really cool guy in general. so maybe? ...prob. i dunno, i just get along with him really well.
you're life should be made into a tv series or a movie series. this is sooo... epic! two years! lol
aww thats sweet he apologized after all that time :)
Post a Comment